Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Teal Maria Bianca Nero Dress, sz M

Oh, this is SUCH a pretty dress.

The bodice is velvet, and the sleeves and skirt are silk chiffon. (Click photos to make them bigger.)



Can I just repeat that? THE SLEEVES are chiffon. We all know how difficult it is to find a cocktail dress with sleeves, and this one is prettier than most.

And I've never worn it. This is another dress that I bought mid-weight loss because it was so fantastic, and it's just too big. It gaps through the bust (as usual), even with the ties snugged up as tight as they will go.

(Especially good with gold shoes, as you can see.)

The skirt is floaty and delicious and the lining is a super-soft knit jersey, so the whole thing is just super-comfortable and soft and easy to wear. The fabric combination makes this a dress you could wear year 'round.





So pretty. Now, this sheer top means you have to wear a strapless bra with it, but here's what I did:


I sewed in a couple of carriers for a strapless bra to go through, so you don't have to worry about your bra being exposed. It works, I've tried it. As you can see, I meant to wear the dress, but somehow I never did, and now it's too late. My loss is your gain.

Dress is a size Medium, which I'm translating to be a 6 or 8. Because of the construction, it's mostly about the bust fitting, so if you're interested, let me know & we'll talk measurements. Don't recall original retail, I think it was around $250. Asking $65, which includes postage in US (international shipping is higher). For more details or to purchase, leave a comment here or e-mail me at shine at austin dot rr com.

No comments: